What Are Your Options To Shop On Amazon If You Live In Mexico? Updated 2021
1- You can order from Amazon.mx
2- You can order from Amazon.com - Click Here For Amazon Best Discounts Delivered To Mexico
3- Or you can use a Mexican forwarding service to forward your order from Amazon.com
Let’s look at all three of these options more closely and see which one is best suited for you.
Ordering from Amazon.mx
Amazon officially opened a warehouse in Mexico in 2015 allowing Mexican residents and ex-pats to shop from Amazon.mx directly in Mexico.
If you are comfortable with Spanish and like ordering locally amazon.mx might be your best option. You can save on shipping costs by ordering from Amazon.mx but the selection and prices are normally not as good as Amazon.com. But there are some deals so shop wisely.
Also, there’s been several complaints on amazon.mx about shipments not being delivered on time or never delivered. I think this has more to do with addresses not entered correctly than anything else.
Entering your shipping address exactly will help with delivery issues. And if there are two addresses for your home is best to enter both on your parcel to ensure prompt delivery.
Ordering from Amazon.com
Amazon.com originated in the USA and his home to the largest amount of stock and selection of Amazon products. You can have Amazon shipments shipped directly do your Mexican address from Amazon.com. and is very convenient. The issue with this is shipping and customs costs go up as you cross the USA border.
One Pro tip to use if you’re ordering from Amazon.com is to use filters. “Ships To Mexico” and “Amazon.com” If you use these filters sometimes you can find the price is cheaper ordering directly from Amazon.com even with shipping and import costs.
Amazon will bill you for the import cost at the time of ordering and is usually quite accurate.
And when it says ships to Mexico it may not mean to your particular city to a city nearby. You would then need to use a forwarding service or last-mile service to get your parcel to your house
The truth is over 70% of the Amazon sellers on Amazon.com do not ship to Mexico or internationally because they do not want to have to deal with customs. So you will need a forwarding service to get the best selection. The NAFTA agreement with the USA, Mexico, and Canada does reduce or eliminate import costs but it is something a lot of Amazon sellers do not want to deal with because of returns.
Using A Mexican Forwarding Service
Your third option is to use a Mexican forwarding service for your Amazon orders. The biggest positive of this service is you can order any product on Amazon.com as long as its not a restricted shipping item into Mexico. This shipping option also saves on shipping and customs costs because everything is done in bulk. The deliveries are usually on time and the amount of lost deliveries is minimal.
The other advantage of a forwarding service is you can and have it delivered directly to your home or to a local office near your home. Which is convenient if you don’t live in a major city in Mexico.
Another issue that you’ll run into sometimes is a Mexican credit card will not work on Amazon.com. Most forwarding services do accept a Mexican credit card as part of their service. So you shop as you normally would on Amazon.com and then when it comes time to make the payment, use your Mexican credit card with the forwarding service you happen to be using.
The expected delivery time with the forwarding services is 7 to 14 days.
What Are Some Good Mexican Forwarding Services?
What should you look for a good forwarding service in Mexico? Price and reliability or two of the biggest factors. Fortunately, most of the forwarding companies are competitive in this area.
We have partnered with MyUS, the No. 1 international shipping service to bring your favorite brands to you.
With MyUS, you will be assigned a U.S.-based address where your package will be processed for shipping straight to your Mexican address.
MyUS uses trusted delivery services like FedEx, UPS and DHL to ensure you receive your merchandise in the shortest amount of time.
To get started:
- Sign up with MyUS and get your MyUS address to use at checkout
- Shop online at US stores, and have your packages sent to your MyUS address
- MyUS will let you know when you package has arrived and allow you to create a shipment request for all your purchases
- Your shipments will arrive at your door in 2-4 business days
If you are ordering multiple items, be sure to select the "Premium Membership" for greatest savings!
Here is a list of some other forwarding company you can check out
While you can shop on Amazon.mx and Amazon.com and have items delivered to your home in Mexico the best selection and delivery options come with using a dependable forwarding service. You can
Or you can order directly from Amazon.com here
Click Here For Amazon Best Discounts Delivered To Mexico
Questions & Answers
How do I get Amazon.mx to display English? Go to the language settings page here https://www.amazon.com/gp/manage-lop and set to English and save changes.
Is Amazon Prime available in Mexico? Yes, it has been available since 2018. The subscription offers access to the Amazon Prime content platform, free one-day shipping to 30 main cities such as Mexico City and Monterrey as well as access to free online games through the company's Twitch Prime platform. Cost is 99 pesos
Are there Amazon jobs in Mexico? Yes, Amazon.mx has a list of open positions on their human resources page.
What Items Are Restricted For Shipping into Mexico?
Here Is A List Of Prohibited Items To Ship To Mexico, always check the official Mexican import laws before shipping any item in question
- 3, 4-Methylenedioxyphenyl-2-propanone
- Alcohol (natural, industrialized, ethylic)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Animal products
- Animal skins
- Benzyl cyanide
- Bunker oil sample (for analysis)
- Chemicals, Haz and Non-Haz
- Circuits & circuit boards
- Coal & firewood
- Coffee, Coffee samples
- Cologne and Perfume, Haz and Non-Haz
- Compact discs
- Computer components & parts
- Cotton seeds
- Diacetyl morphine
- Drugs (narcotic, hallucinogenic, etc.)
- Drugs, Prescription and Non-Prescription
- Electronic Cigarettes
- Electronic equipment
- Electronic games
- Eyeglasses and contacts
- Fabrics & fabric samples
- Films: entertainment
- Films: promotional, training
- Fire extinguishers
- Forged or counterfeit goods
- Grain samples
- Imide of the N-phtalylglutamic acid
- Industrial equipment
- Laser discs
- Leather goods
- Liquids, Haz and Non-Haz
- Lysergic acid
- Marijuana (Cannabis Indica) plants and parts of plants
- Marijuana (Cannabis Indica) saps and extracts
- Measuring apparatus
- Medical samples
- N-Acetylanthranilic acid
- Stone/mineral samples for analysis
- Telecommunications equipment
- Televisions, television equipment
- Textile articles
- Thallium sulfate
- The salts and optical isomers of the aforementioned substances, whenever the existence of such salts is possible
- Toxic Gases
- Transfers, Stamps, prints and photographs, printed in colors or in black and white, known as "Garbage Pail Kids," for sale in packages or envelopes, even including chewing gum, candy or any other article, containing figures or illustrations showing childhood in denigrated and ridiculous manners, inciting to violence, to self-destruction or to any kind of antisocial behavior, and mentioning to have been printed in the U.S. or any other country by "Topps Chewing Gum, Incorporated" or by any company or firm
- Turtle and "Caguama" turtle raw hides and skins
- Used Clothing (except unaccompanied baggage)
Mexico Import Restrictions
- The meat of poultry in brine
- Lard, fats, and oils
- Cigars and cigarettes
- New pneumatic tires of a kind used on bicycles
- Used pneumatic tires
- Footwear, gaiters and the like; parts of such articles
- Compact discs, recorded and unrecorded
- Sound recording equipment (CD writers)
- Oil (all kinds)
- Used Clothing (except unaccompanied baggage)
- Poisons, (Toxins)
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links and I will get a small commission if you buy a service or product. This helps keep the content on this site updated and free. Thank you for your support :-)