Wondering How to Make Mexican Lasagna?
Do you love Mexican food? If so, you’re going to love this recipe for Mexican lasagna! This dish is easy to make, and it’s loaded with flavor.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
You’ll need ground beef, onion, tomatoes, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, and tortillas. You can either use store-bought enchilada sauce or make your own. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s start cooking today!
- 1 Pound Ground beef
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Can Black beans
- 1 Can Corn (drained)
- 1 Cup Enchilada sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 10 Tortillas
- – Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- – Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
- – In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat and remove from heat.
- – Add the onion, tomatoes, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, and tortillas to the skillet and stir to combine.
- – Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- – Serve warm and enjoy! Yum!
“This lasagna is packed with flavor, but it’s also really simple to make. I hope you’ll give it a try!
Vegetarian Mexican Lasagne Recipe
- -16 oz of lasagna noodles (cooked according to package instructions)
- -15 oz of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- -15 oz of corn (drained)
- -one large tomato (diced)
- -half an onion (diced)
- -two cloves of garlic (minced)
- -one tbsp of olive oil
- -one tsp of chili powder
- -one tsp of ground cumin
- -salt and pepper (to taste)
- -Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- -Stir in black beans, corn, tomato, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through.
- -Spread half of the bean mixture over the bottom of an ungreased baking dish. Layer with half of the lasagna noodles (break them to fit), half of the remaining mixture, and half of the cheese. Repeat layering.
- -Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- -Remove from oven, let rest for five minutes, then enjoy!”
Vegetarian Mexican Lasagne Recipe Version #2
I’m going to show you how to make a vegetarian Mexican lasagne that’s both delicious and easy. This recipe can be made in about an hour, and it serves six people.
- – 1 tablespoon olive oil
- – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- – 1 onion, diced
- – 1 red pepper, diced
- – 2 cups cooked black beans
- – 1 cup corn kernels
- – 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- – 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- – 1/4 teaspoon salt
- – 8 ounces lasagne noodles, cooked according to package directions
- – 15 ounces salsa
- – 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a nine by thirteen-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- – To begin, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, and red pepper. Cook until the vegetables are soft, which should take about five minutes.
- -Next, add the black beans, corn kernels, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir until everything is evenly mixed and cook for an additional three minutes.
- – Now it’s time to assemble the lasagne! Spread half of the salsa on the bottom of the baking dish. Next, add a layer of noodles (you’ll need four noodles for this).
- – Then spread half of the bean mixture over the noodles and top with one cup of shredded cheese.
- – Repeat the layering, ending with a layer of noodles.
- Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for five minutes before serving. Enjoy!
There you have it, three versions on Mexican lasagna. Give them a try and see how your family, friends and you enjoy!
Where To Buy Ingredients For Mexican Lasagna?
If you’re craving the delightful flavors of Mexican cuisine combined with the comforting layers of lasagna, then Mexican Lasagna is the perfect dish for you! The fusion of traditional Italian lasagna with vibrant Mexican ingredients creates a mouthwatering experience that will leave you wanting more. But where can you find all the necessary ingredients to bring this delectable dish to life?
One of the best places to start your search is your local grocery store. Most supermarkets carry a wide variety of Mexican ingredients, making it convenient for you to find everything you need in one place. Head to the international aisle, where you’ll likely stumble upon a treasure trove of Mexican spices, herbs, and seasonings. Look for essentials such as chili powder, cumin, oregano, and paprika, which will infuse your Mexican Lasagna with authentic and robust flavors. Don’t forget to pick up a jar of salsa, as it will add a zesty kick to your dish.
For the main components of the lasagna, such as tortillas and cheese, you won’t have to search far. Tortillas are a staple in Mexican cuisine and can be found in the bakery section or the international aisle of your grocery store. Opt for corn tortillas for an authentic touch, or choose flour tortillas if you prefer a milder taste.
As for the cheese, Mexican Lasagna typically calls for a combination of shredded mozzarella and cheddar. These can be found in the dairy section, pre-packaged and ready to add a creamy and gooey texture to your dish.
If you’re looking for a more specialized selection of Mexican ingredients, consider visiting a Latin American market or a Mexican grocery store in your area. These stores are a treasure trove of authentic products, offering an extensive range of spices, dried chilies, peppers, and even fresh produce that you might not find in a regular grocery store. Exploring these stores can be an adventure in itself, allowing you to immerse yourself in the vibrant culture and flavors of Mexico.
Another option to consider is online shopping. Many websites specialize in selling Mexican ingredients and deliver them directly to your doorstep. This convenient option allows you to browse through a vast selection of products, read reviews, and compare prices without leaving the comfort of your home.
Additionally, online shopping opens up opportunities to discover unique and artisanal Mexican ingredients that may not be readily available in your local stores. To enhance your Mexican Lasagna even further, consider adding some fresh ingredients, such as avocados, cilantro, lime, and jalapenos. These can usually be found in any grocery store’s produce section. Adding these ingredients will provide a burst of freshness and a touch of acidity, balancing out the rich and savory flavors of the dish.
In conclusion, finding the ingredients for Mexican Lasagna can be an exciting and flavorful journey. Whether you choose to explore your local grocery store, visit a specialty market, or shop online, the key is to embrace the vibrant spices and ingredients that make Mexican cuisine so delightful. So go ahead, embark on your culinary adventure, and enjoy the deliciousness that Mexican Lasagna brings to your table.
If you don’t have a local supermarket you can also order all these ingredients online at Amazon or other online retailers, click here