How To Make Mexican Rice At Home The Easy Way
Do you love Mexican food? If so, you're going to love this recipe for delicious Mexican rice from scratch! This dish is perfect for a dinner party or as a side dish for your favorite Mexican meal. It's easy to make and only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. Let's get started!
- 2 cups white rice (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil for frying meat of choice
- salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 small onion- chopped
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/4 cup parsley- chopped
- 1 Tsp dry oregano
- 2 chilli peppers
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 0.5 cup water
- 1/2 cup cilantro - optional
-In a large skillet or saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat.
-Add meat of choice and cook until browned.
-Drain any excess fat and season with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, cumin, paprika, parsley, oregano and chilli peppers.
-Add cooked white rice and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together chili sauce, tomato paste, vegetable stock, chicken broth and water.
Pour mixture into the skillet or saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked through. Serve hot! Enjoy! 🙂
This recipe makes about four servings. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for a few days or frozen for later use. Enjoy! 🙂
How To Make Mexican Rice In A Rice Cooker:
1. Add white rice to the rice cooker.
2. Add canola oil to a large skillet or saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
3. Add meat of choice and cook until browned. Drain any excess fat and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, parsley, oregano and chilli peppers.
4. Add cooked white rice and stir to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together chili sauce, tomato paste, vegetable stock, chicken broth and water.
-Pour mixture into the rice cooker and leave on warm setting for 30 minutes or until rice is cooked through. Serve hot! Enjoy! 🙂
How To Make Mexican Rice With Instant Rice
Making Mexican rice from instant rice is an easy process that can be completed in a matter of minutes. All you need is instant rice, water, and your desired seasonings. In this article, we will show you how to make Mexican rice with instant rice using just a few simple steps.
To start, you will need instant rice and water. The ratio of instant rice to water is usually one cup of instant rice to two cups of water, but this can vary depending on the brand of instant rice that you are using. Be sure to read the instructions on the package before beginning.
Next, you will want to season your instant rice. This can be done in a variety of ways, but one option is to mix instant rice with salsa and seasonings such as cumin or chili powder before cooking it according to package directions.
Once cooked through, add any additional seasonings that you would like for the final product. For example, if making Mexican rice then cilantro would be a good addition at this time.
After adding any additional seasonings that you want, serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to three days before eating. Make sure not to reheat instant rice too many times because it can become mushy and unappetizing after just one or two reheats.
If you have any instant rice left over, try adding it to soups or salads for a quick meal later on in the week! You could also make burritos with instant rice and other ingredients like black beans, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce wrapped up inside tortillas and then heated until crispy on the outside but still soft inside.
If instant rice becomes mushy when reheated after just one time then try adding more water next time before heating so that there is less liquid evaporating during the cooking process and you'll get better results on subsequent occasions as well! It's always best to cook instant rice according to package directions but if those aren't available then try adding a little bit more water than what is called for.
That's all there is to it! With just a few simple steps, you can have delicious Mexican rice made from instant rice in no time at all. So why not give it a try today? You might be surprised at how easy and tasty this dish can be!
5 Different Types of Rice
There are a variety of types of rice, and each has its own unique flavor and texture. Some popular types of rice include white rice, brown rice, wild rice, and jasmine rice.
1. White rice is the most common type of rice in the United States. It is a short grain rice that is typically fluffy and soft after cooking. White rice is a good choice for dishes like fried rice or risotto because it has a stickier texture than other types of rices.
2. Brown rice is the second most popular types of rices in America that has a nutty flavor and chewy texture. Brown rice has more fiber, and it is more nutritious than white rice because it has not been milled as much during processing. Brown rice also takes longer to cook than other types of rices, making them less convenient for weeknight dinners when time is tight.
3. Wild rice is a type of long grain rice that is popular in America. It has a nutty flavor and chewy texture, making it perfect for dishes like salads or pilafs. Wild rice takes about 45 minutes to cook, so it's not the best choice for quick weeknight dinners.
4. Jasmine rice is a type of long grain rice that has been popularized in America. It is fragrant and sticky, making it perfect for dishes like fried rice or as a side dish to meats. Jasmine takes about 20 minutes to cook so it's convenient when time is tight during busy weeknights.
5. Instant Rice: Instant rice types are precooked types of rices that are quick and easy to prepare. They come in white, brown, or red types but you'll want to pick up a few packages at the store if you plan on trying different types because each one has its own flavor profile which means they won't all taste great together! Instant types take only two minutes
Where To Buy Rice?
There are a variety of places where you can buy rice. Some of the most common places to buy rice include grocery stores, Asian markets, and online retailers.
Grocery stores offer a variety of types of rice, including white, brown, wild, and jasmine rice. They also offer instant rice types, which are precooked and quick and easy to prepare.
Asian markets typically sell a wider variety of types of rice than grocery stores do, including types like Basmati and Jasmine that you might not find at a regular grocery store. They also often have lower prices than grocery stores do.
Online retailers like Amazon offer a wide variety of types of rice, as well as some unique types that you might not find at a grocery store or Asian market.
For example Black Forbidden rice or Red Camargue rice. They are a great option if you're looking for something specific or can't find what you're looking for at the grocery store or an Asian market.
So there you have it - a few tips on how to cook Mexican rice from scratch, as well as where to buy different types of rice. We hope this has been helpful and that you'll give some of these types of rice a try in your next Mexican dish!
Order Mexican Rice On Sale At Amazon, Click Here
How Is Mexican Taco Beef So Fine? Click Here To Find out
Amazing Traditional Mexican Bean Recipe, Click Here