What is the Difference Between the Tourist Card and ETA for Mexico?

Ever Wonder What Is the Difference Between a Mexican Tourist Card and ETA?

Traveling to Mexico can be the most unforgettable adventure of your life, but it is important to choose the right type of visa or travel permit to visit this country.
The Mexican government is trying to attract tourists to its country and has introduced a visa-free regime with a large number of countries in America and Europe.

Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!

No more trips to visa centers and consulates – now you can get a permit to cross the Mexican border without leaving your home.
Having access to the Internet, a computer, and a passport, you can get:
• Mexico Tourist Card
• Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).

Even though these two documents are quite similar to each other, there is one significant difference between a Mexico tourist card and ETA. In this article, we will look at what this difference is.

Mexico Tourist Card.

A tourist card is an electronic permit that is required by all foreign citizens in Mexico who will not be engaged in any paid work or other non-tourism-related activities. Another name of the Tourist Card is Forma Migratoria Multiple (FM).

This type of document is suitable for citizens of countries from the list. If your country is not included in this list, you will have to apply for a standard tourist visa at the embassy or Natvisa.com.
Tourist cards can be valid for 180 days and allow the holder to stay in Mexico as a tourist for the allotted time.

Mexico ETA.

This type of electronic permit carries the same functionality as the Mexico Tourist Card but was made specifically for citizens of Turkey, Ukraine, and the Russian Federation.

It should also be borne in mind that having Mexico ETA, you can get into the country once. That is, you will not be able to apply for a visa on the Internet to use it for multiple visits to the country for half a year.

An approved ETA allows a tourist from the countries listed above to stay in Mexico for six months. At the same time, you are required to visit Mexico within a month from the date of receipt of this visa. If you do not have time, you need to re-issue a permit to the country. And here the registration system may have questions about why you have already received a visa not so long ago but did not use it.

So, What Is the Main Difference Between a Tourist Card and An ETA?

Both documents are a permit to travel to Mexico, which confirms that he is not a citizen of Mexico but came to this country for tourist purposes. At the same time, he does not have the right to engage in paid work or other business-related activities.

It's simple: if you fly to Mexico by plane, then get an electronic permit. If you use any other transport, then apply for a regular visa at the embassy. If you plan to travel to Mexico by car from the United States, you can not apply for a separate visa, since you can get into the country using American visa documents.

The difference between Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) and Tourist Card is that these documents are suitable for citizens of different countries. Tourist Card was made to attract tourists from countries such as Spain, Great Britain, France, Colombia, Canada, Argentina, etc. ETA was introduced by the government of Mexico a little later and is the best choice for travelers from Russia, Turkey, and Ukraine.

Best Ways To Obtain a Mexican Tourist Card Revealed! Click Here

What is Required to Drive To Mexico?