Wondering If It Is Really Cheaper To Have Wedding in Mexico?
Wanting to get married in Mexico but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg?
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
You can have the extravagant destination wedding you’ve always wanted, without going broke.
But is it really cheaper to have wedding in Mexico?
Yes, it is, almost 10x’s cheaper than the average American wedding and you get the added benefit that Mexico the country offers beautiful beaches, lush valleys, and colorful cities where couples can enjoy the best day of their lives.
Mexico is known worldwide for its beautiful scenery and warm weather. Couples often choose to get married in Mexico because of these reasons. Mexico resorts also provide cheaper options on their wedding services, such as hotels, restaurants, and transportation.
What’s The Average Cost of A Wedding in Mexico
A budget wedding at Playa del Carmen costs between $2000 and $5000 all in! What an amazing price! If that’s the kind of price range you’re looking at, and here is the breakdown of the costs.
Cost Breakdown for Your Budget Wedding:
A $2,000 average all-inclusive 10-25-person wedding includes everything
$250-$450 for each person for flights (US).
$100 for transportation to and from the airports
$400 – $3000 Wedding expenses can easily run into thousands of dollars.
**Doesn’t include hotel accommodation**
You’re looking at anywhere from $2900 to $4000 for the whole trip.
When you compare it to the average American’s spending for a wedding, it means you’re going to save over $28,000.
- Lined, Low Stretch, Padded Enough For “No Bra” Option
- Special 3/4 lace sleeve style, sweetheart illusion neckline, a line chiffon dresss
- Detailed Size Info Please Check Our Size Chart Among Main Product Images, Not Size Info Link. It is US Size when you place order.
- Perfect as wedding dress, formal dress, chrismas party dress, thanks giving day gift, wedding gown, long party dress, bridesmaid dress, prom gown, ball gown, mother of the bride dress for weddings
- Ever-Pretty gives you stylish and affordable dresses with unique design. You deserve this beautiful formal dress for almost all casual or semi-formal occasions, remember not only wear it for once!
What About Free Weddings In Mexico?
Yes, you did read that correctly.
Depending on how many people plan on coming to your party,
how long your invited guests want to stay…
= Possible Free Wedding Reception!
If you want something specific from your ceremony, then you may need to pay extra for it. However, if you just want a basic ceremony, then you might be able to get away with the free options.
Many Mexican resorts offer free wedding packages. Ask your resort what their free requirements would be. But just because the wedding is free it doesn’t mean it will cost less.
Be sure to read the fine print to see if it will actually be cheaper than planning your own destination wedding in Mexico
The Most Affordable Destinations in Mexico
Mexico is a large country, and some parts are cheaper than other parts, so here’s what you need know:
The tourist capital of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula…
Popular among travelers for its spectacularly affordable hotels, great nightlife, beautiful beaches, and quick and inexpensive flights, you can fly to Cancun from any city in the United States.
Playa del Carmen / Riviera Maya
The Riviera Maya…my personal favorite… dramatic beachfronts, lush dense jungles, ancient Mayan ruins, and cenotes…what else could you ask for?
You could spend weeks exploring the island.
Best Affordable Wedding Packages In Mexico
SEASIDE BLISS / SANDOS CARACOL, SANDOS PLAYACAR AND SANDOS CANCUN
It’s the best value for money on our list because it has everything you need. It includes the ceremony with a flower bouquets and boutonnieres, a champagne toast, an open house for cocktails, wine and hors d’oeuvres, a three-course meal, a dance floor, lighting, music, and speakers during dinner.
$4,750 for 30 guests
$79 per extra guests
Pros: They also provide an additional discount of up $2,000.0 on the package if the entire party stays at the hotel for the duration of their stay.
Cons: Wedding Decorations are pretty simple.
STRAWBERRY PASSION WEDDING PACKAGE / BARCELO MAYA GRAND RESORT
$4,300 USD for 30 guests
$70 per extra guests
This wedding package includes a ton of inclusions at an affordable price. It consists of a ceremony with live music followed by a private beach reception for three hours with an open bar with wine for 30 guests. And the additional guest fee is just $70 per person.
Pros: It includes hair and makeup as well as nail polish and pedicures for the bride.
Cons: The exact location has not been finalized until about a month before the wedding date. They’re similar but you won’t know which section of the resort you’ll be staying in until you arrive at the resort.
GOLD WEDDING PACKAGE / EXCELLENCE PLAYA MUJERES AND EXCELLENCE RIVIERA CANCUN
$2,400 for 20 guests
$45 per extra guest
If you’re looking for an adult-only resort, this one will be tough to beat. It includes the following: the rehearsal dinner with a buffet meal, a champagne brunch, a 3-course lunch, an open bar for guests, a 5-course dinner, dancing, and a midnight snack. And the additional guests are only $45 each.
Pros: It includes a DVD of the marriage, a 50-minute couples massage, and a free room at the hotel the night before the marriage (based on availability).
Cons: The outside vendor fees range from $500-$1,000 per vendor.
BEYOND MEMORABLE WEDDING PACKAGE / AVAILABLE AT MULTIPLE RESORTS (SECRETS, DREAMS and NOW RESORTS)
$7,500 USD for 50-79 guests
$11, 999 USD for 80-100 wedding guests
Extra rate guest varies based on resort
This is the most popular package for large groups. It includes a pre-wedding brunch, a wedding ceremony, a post-ceremony cocktail hour, a three-hour private party with an open buffet and dessert station, wine, and a farewell brunch.
Pros: It is available at several locations and is the only one-price-fits-all solution for up to 100 people It also includes a wedding rehearsal dinner.
Cons: You need to book it at least one year in advance. The included decorations and flowers are minimal.
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: 1 cake topper- 4.5”
- ELEGANT DESIGN: Add accent to your delicious cake with this bride and groom topper that features white mesh veil
- PERFECT FOR WEDDINGS: This cake topper is perfect for weddings, engagement parties, bridal showers and wedding anniversaries.
- GOOD QUALITY: It is made of plastic molded and painted delicately with attached white mesh that gives you a cute and sweet topper that could last long parties
- READY TO USE: Just place it up and let you cake dazzle throughout the party
How to Save Money on a Mexican Destination Wedding
Regardless of which Mexican resorts you choose, clever tactics will help you maximize your budget. If you’re planning a wedding, from choosing the date to picking out the perfect venue, you could save thousands by doing some research before making any big decisions.
1. You should always aim for an all-inclusive experience. All-inclusive packages allow you and your guests to enjoy meals, beverages, and special events at their leisure. You can get good deals on all-inclusive by working with a trusted specialist. These amazing deals are often out of reach for couples who aren’t looking together.
2. You might want to consider booking your destination weddings during Mexico’s off season. It not only improves your chances of finding your preferred venue, but it could also drastically lower prices. We’ve found that people tend to go on holiday in Mexico in May; they also visit Mexico during their summer holidays. Couples who want to get married in Mexico should look for an October or November marriage license, so they can save money by avoiding peak summer prices.
3. Wedding decor budgets can easily reach into the tens of thousands. It’s not necessary to spend any money in Mexico, where the natural beauty speaks for itself. Say “I do” at the beach or in a lovely garden; you’ll be able to experience the best scenery without spending any additional money.
Spending less doesn’t necessarily imply having to sacrifice the beauty or romance of the wedding. If you book your wedding in Mexico, you’ll save a lot of money on the ceremony of your dream.
Who Pays For a Destination Wedding Day in Mexico?
The answer to this question is not as simple as you might think. There are many factors that go into determining who pays for a destination wedding, and it’s important to know what those factors are before making any decisions about your own wedding.
In general, the bride will pay for her wedding, but there are exceptions. If she has family members or friends who can help with costs, they may be able to chip in on expenses. The groom’s parents may also be willing to contribute if he has good job prospects.
If both parties have steady jobs, then one of them should cover most of the cost. However, if neither party has a steady income, then each person must make some financial sacrifices. This means that the couple may need to save or take a loan to pay for the wedding.
Best Time For A Mexican Destination Wedding?
If you want to go during the summer months, be prepared for hot weather and rain. However, if you’re willing to brave the cold and rainy days, you might get some good deals.
- Wedding Invitations feature an outdoor bistro light inspired design.
- The base price is for a set of 10 invites and envelopes and the quantity can be increased when customizing.
- Invitations are sized at 5×7 inches and are printed on 110lb matte cardstock.
- This invitation design comes with white envelopes.
How Much Does It Cost to Get Married Around the World?
How Much It Costs to Get Married in Argentina?
The average cost of an Argentina wedding is approximately $3,700, with roughly 125 guests in attendance. Simply put, the price tag is close to about $30 per guest.
How Much It Costs to Get Married in Brazil?
Brazil has the greatest number of people who get married in their own town, followed by India (57%), then China (56%). The average cost of a wedding in Brazil is almost twice as expensive as in Argentina, costing an estimated $7,000.
How Much It Costs to Get Married in Canada?
Couples in Canada plan their weddings for around 14 months before the actual event, and the most popular month to hold a marriage is September, which is quite a nice date to tie the knot in the northern hemisphere.
Around 20% of Canadians decide to hold their ceremony during that period, whether they hold an outdoor celebration in the stunning surroundings of Banff or share theirs in a cool, industrial location in Vancouver’s
So how expensive is getting married in Canada? Due the higher income levels, the number of guests attending a Canadian marriage is similar to Brazil, averaging 154 people per occasion.
However, the price tag is almost three times the Brazilian figure, with Canadian couples spending approximately $22,000 on their nuptials.
How Much It Costs to Get Married in Chile?
In contrast to North American countries where weddings occur throughout the year, Chilean ceromonies take place during the summer months. However, the cost of getting hitched in Chile is not significantly higher than what one would expect in North America. On average, couples pay approximately $7,000 for their nuptial celebrations.
How Much It Costs to Get Married in Colombia?
Out of all the nations in the world, Colombian marriages have the lowest average number of guests, with 90 people attending each marriage. Colombians also plan their marriages within a short period of time, with 79 percent of them incorporating religious elements into the ceremony. With an average cost of $3,300 for a Colombian marriage, the country has one of the most affordable costs for a marriage in the world.
How Much It Costs to Get Married in France?
Couples in all other countries prioritize finding photographers before they look into catering vendors, but to-be-wed couples in France opt instead to seek out catered receptions first and foremost. French weddings often include decadent dessert options like the croquembouché, which is a rising trend in the United States and a divine cocktail reception called the vingt-et-un.
How Much It Costs to Get Married in India?
Did somebody mention massive party? India has one of the highest average guest counts of around 500 guests per wedding. Because Indian ceromonies are multi-days affairs including the pujan ceremony and the mehendi ceremony, some of the festivities may go down to a smaller scale. But the reception is a huge event that’s typically paid for out of pocket by the bride’s family.
Due to various reasons, the average wedding costs range between $15,000 and $22,000, making it an average middle point for educated Indian brides and grooms.
- 【LARGE SIZE】The large size of Mr and Mrs sign for wedding table. “Mr”-10″ x 5.9″ x 0.7″ (25. 4cmx15cmx1.8cm), “Mrs”-12.2″ x 5.9″ x 0.7″ (31. 3cmx15cmx1.8cm), “&”-4.3″ x 4.7″ x 0.7″ (10. 9cmx12. 1cmx1.8cm). The just married banner includes 12 cards and a white rope, and size of each card is 4.5″ x 5.9″ (11.5cm x 15cm). The length of the white rope is 19.6″(50cm).
- 【EXQUISITE SET】Wedding decorations set include Mr & Miss sign and a just married banner.The head table wedding decorations include 1 “MR” sign, 1 “&” sign, and 1 “MRS” sign (white wooden letters).The just married banner include 11 pieces of white cardstock painted with black letters，1 piece of white cardstock painted with red heart pattern,1 white rope, you need to connect the card and the rope.
- 【STURDY MATERIAL】The thickness of mr. and mrs. sign is 3/4″ which makes our white wooden letters have good fixation. The mr and mrs table decor can easily stand on the table and easily cope with indoor and outdoor party surrounding. The Mr and Mrs sign is spray painting craft, waterproof and beautiful. Smooth and wear resistant.The white Mr and Mrs sign can enrich your white wedding decoration and make the wedding warm and romantic.
- 【AS A GIFTS AND DECORATIONS】The mr & mrs sign for wedding table is the good choice to create the ideal environment for your white wedding. Besides this, it is a gorgeous gift for Newlyweds, Thankgiving Day, Christmas, Valentine, Parents. As decorations, the Mr and Mrs sign is pretty suitable for wedding tables, meaningful parties, anniversary and house. The just married banner can be hung easily. You can hang it on the background wall to decorate your wedding, making it romantic and sweet.
- 【BUY WITH CONFIDENCE】We’re devoted to offer high quality mr and mrs sign, your satisfaction is a top priority for us, feel free to contact us if there is any issue with our Mr and Mrs sign and we’ll solve your problems quickly.
How Much It Costs to Get Married in Italy
A Tuscan villa is an excellent option even if it costs a pretty penny. The average Italian marriage costs about $23,000 for 114 guests. Of all the countries, Italians hosted the highest number of ceromonies, spending nearly $2 million on them. Floral arrangements were the second most popular service purchased by couples planning weddings in Italy, accounting for almost 70 percent of total expenditures.
How Much It Costs to Get Married in Portugal
Weddings in Peru cost $16,700 on average with an average of 126 people attending. Unlike Peruvian ceromonies, however, most Peruvian brides and grooms don’t borrow money from friends and family to cover their expenses. Only 7 percent of Peruvian brides and groom actually use credit cards to finance their bridal party.
How Much It Costs to Get Married in Spain
Couples in countries like Spain usually get more financial help from their families than they would in the United States. However, how much is it to marry in Spain? The average price of a Spanish wedding is approximately $23,400 for an estimated guest list of 130 people.
How Much It Costs to Get Married in the United Kingdom
According to the U.K.’s Office for National Statistics, couples spend about £18,000 ($23,600) and have about 103 guests at their weddings in England and Wales.
Best Affordable Wedding Planner In Mexico
Almost all all-inclusive resorts in Mexico include a wedding planner as part of their staff and can plan your beach wedding on the sand accordingly. But they only sell their own services and do not compare prices and services with other resorts in Mexico.
Using a third-party wedding planner can save you more money on your dream wedding by showing the resort with the best prices for you and your wedding guests.
Wedding planners also known as wedding coordinators can not only get you the best prices but also advise you on the best time of year to have your wedding but also those 1000 other details you do not want to forget about on your symbolic ceremony.
Affordable Wedding In Mexico Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best wedding options in Mexico?
Almost all all-inclusive resorts in Mexico white sandy beaches offer budget wedding options as well as any upgrades you may want all the way up to a luxury wedding.
Using a wedding coordinator is also advised as their job is to compare all the prices around Mexico to find you the absolute cheapest option for your wedding day.
Is there a free wedding package?
Yes there is…………you read that right… Depending on how many guests plan on joining you + how long they wish to stay… = YOU could be entitled to a free wedding package at one of the best hotels in the region!
What Are Free Wedding Packages?
Depending on what you want and require for your wedding, the FREE wedding packages don’t always cover everything, therefore they can end up costing you more money than a regular package if you’re not careful.
How much does a wedding package in Mexico cost?
Realistically you are looking at anything between 2900 USD to 4000 USD (the latter figure includes accommodation).
What are the main wedding costs?
Some of the costs are wedding dress and attire, affordable wedding venue, wedding photographers, food and drinks
What Are All-Inclusive Destination Wedding in Mexico?
All-inclusive destination weddings in Mexico allow you to live the dream on a budget.
What are the best ways to save money on your Mexico wedding?
Mexico allows for greater savings compared to other resort destinations; depending on when you book, you could easily score a flight for under $400. Also Mexico’s beautiful beaches and architecture allow you to save money on wedding decorations as you can use these beautiful backgrounds to your advantage.
How Much Does a Mexico Destination Wedding Cost?
Our latest Destination Weddings Trend Report reveals an average price of $8,237 for a destination wedding, compared to the whopping average cost of $33,900
What are the most economical wedding packages?
All-inclusive packages get a large share of the credit; resorts automatically include services such as floral arrangements, DJs, photography, and videography.
How much do Mexico destination wedding accommodations cost?
Across all wedding locations, our brides and grooms spend an average of $4,088 on accommodations and $3,149 on the wedding package itself.
Is a destination wedding and official wedding ceremony?
Yes, a destination wedding is an official legal ceremony assuming yo
Where Should I Get Married in Mexico?
Cancun and Playa del Carmen ranks among our most beloved wedding destinations.
What are the best wedding packages in Cancun?
Located in the heart of Cancun’s desirable Hotel Zone, Riu Caribe offers romantic and affordable wedding packages.
What are the benefits of staying at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort?
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort Eco-conscious brides and grooms appreciate Sandos Caracol Eco Resort’s commitment to sustainability.
What are the benefits of a Puerto Vallarta wedding package?
Your personalized wedding package is designed to amplify the romance with beach front views and sandy white beaches.
More Average Costs For A Destination Wedding in Euros Around The World
Germany – If you’re a fan of German food and beer, then you might want to get married in Germany. The average cost of a Germanic wedding is around 14,100 Euro
China – Getting married in China will cost couples approximately €10 000 Euro
Portugal – Pretty Portugal also makes the list, costing prospective life partners around €9,600 Euro
Finland – Looking for something a bit different and unique for your wedding, Finland is a great choice. The average cost of a wedding in this country is around 9,100 Euro
Jamaica – If you’re planning on getting married on a beach, then Jamaica is the place for you. The average cost of a Jamaican wedding is around 7,200 Euro
Mexico – One of the most affordable places on the list is Mexico, with the average cost of a wedding in the country at around 6,950 Euro
Sweden – Sweden is a great choice if you’re planning on getting married somewhere cheap and cheerful. The average cost of a wedding in this Scandinavian country is around 5,500 Euro
Turkey – Turkey comes in third place, with ceremonies weighing in at €3,600.
Russia – In second place is Russia, which is a great choice if you’re planning on getting married in winter. The average cost of a wedding in this country is around 2,700 Euro
Thailand – One of the most affordable places on the list is Thailand, which is a Southeast Asian country that’s known for its beautiful beaches and tranquil locations. Cost for one wedding about 1900 Euro
- See Descriptions To Choose Size — XS (Bust-31.9”, Waist-24.0”); S (Bust-33.8”, Waist-25.9”); M (Bust-35.8”, Waist-27.9”); L (Bust-37.8”, Waist-29.9”); XL (Bust-39.8”, Waist-31.8”); 2XL (Bust-41.8”, Waist-33.8”); 3XL (Bust-43.7”, Waist-35.8”); 4XL (Bust-45.6”, Waist-37.8”). According to our customers’ feedback on size after purchase, If you are between sizes, please choose the Smaller size.
- Featuring delicate lace fabric and a flattering silhouette, this dress is sure to turn heads. The intricate lace detailing adds a touch of elegance, making it perfect for formal or semi-formal weddings.
- The dress features a trendy off-the-shoulder design, which is sure to make you stand out at any event. The high low hemline adds an element of sophistication to the dress, making it perfect for formal events, weddings, or even a night out on the town.
- Easy Dresses Up-Women’s Off Shoulder Lace Dress cut perfect match with a hats, heels/wedges, nice earrings necklace, jewelry, make you more feminine. Classic and elegant design make it timeless–never go out of style.
- Whether you’re attending a wedding, a cocktail party, or a special event, our Off-The-Shoulder Lace Dress is the perfect choice.
- Fully lined, not padded, low stretch
- Special short sleeve style, high low, unique ruffles in the bust area
- Glamorous double V-neck evening dress, this beautiful dress features a v neckline, empire waist, flutter sleeves, and subtle high low hemline.
- Perfect as bridesmaid dresses, chrismas party dress,thanks giving day gift, cocktail dresses, homecoming dresses, graduation dresses, wedding dresses, wedding guest dresses, evening dresses, formal dresses, prom dresses, dance dress and any other special occasions.
- Ever-Pretty is a leader in the fashion world with over 14 years of experience and expertise, we have the ability to identify every woman’s need. Our aim is to provide you with stylish and affordable fashion at your fingertips.
Ramona Rogers is a blogger who writes about a variety of topics, including personal growth, traveling, cooking, shopping and self-improvement. With a warm and engaging writing style, she aims to inspire and empower her readers to live their best lives and pursue their passions. Through this blog, Ramona shares her own experiences and insights, as well as practical tips and strategies for achieving success and happiness. Whether she's writing about overcoming challenges, building healthy habits, or finding purpose and meaning in life, Ramona's goal is to provide her readers with valuable and relatable content that will help them on their own journeys of self-discovery and growth.
Address: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Job Title: Master Blogger